NOTE: Support and training is only availabe to Phoenix Ortho customers that have active software and services agreements.
For the duration of your agreement with Phoenix Ortho, Phoenix Ortho will provide expert level guidance, troubleshooting and training to you in connection with questions and issues arising from the installation, configuration, and use of Phoenix Ortho Software and Services; bug fixes and issue resolution; and access to Major and Minor Releases (as defined below) of Phoenix Ortho products previously purchased and under an active software and services agreement.
- Major Releases: means generally commercially available major new releases, modifications or enhancements to the same Phoenix Ortho Software as designated by a change in the number to the right of the first decimal in the version number or a change in number to the left of the first decimal in the version number.
- Minor Releases/Patches/MicroUpdates: means generally commercially available code corrections, patches, updates and minor version releases of the same Phoenix Ortho Software as designated by a change in the number to the right of the last decimal in the version number.
- Installation and Upgrades: Support for installation or upgrade includes providing guidance and troubleshooting in connection with Customers downloading and installing, or upgrading of the Software. The initial installation of Phoenix Ortho server-side software is typically performed by the Phoenix Ortho support team.
- Configuration Issues: Support for configuration includes troubleshooting Customers configuration settings for existing installations on approved platforms to ensure proper operation and connectivity.
- Basic Product Functionality Questions: Phoenix Ortho experts will answer your "how to" questions related to standard and intended product usage.
- Product Defect Verification and Reporting: Bug identification and tracking.
- Enhancement and Feature Request Submission
Versions of Supported Products Covered by Phoenix Ortho Support
Supported Versions: All customers with active software and service agreements should strive to be on the latest versions of Phoenix Ortho products. Phoenix Ortho will provide support only for the products released within the prior 3 months of the most recent versions of the products that have been released. This includes Major and Minor releases as well as Patches and MicroUpdates.
New Versions – 3rd Party Software: For 3rd Party Software, as new source releases of the Software may become available continuously, Phoenix Ortho will support some or all of these versions at Phoenix Orthos’ discretion. When a new version becomes supported by Phoenix Ortho, Phoenix Ortho will announce such coverage in the Release Documentation for the Phoenix Ortho Product in use. Conversely, when 3rd party software is discontinued or otherwise is no longer supported by the 3rd party, Phoenix Ortho will also discontinue support of the software in question.
Platforms Supported: Phoenix Ortho supports use of our products only on the platforms (hardware and Operating Systems) specified in the documentation for each Phoenix Ortho product. Phoenix Ortho will maintain a list of these platform requirements, for each product, on the Phoenix Ortho help site: Setup and Configuration
What Support Excludes
The following are excluded from Phoenix Ortho Support obligations:
- Phoenix Ortho Software that is used on or in conjunction with hardware or software other than that specified in the applicable documentation
- Assisting or supporting patients directly. Phoenix Ortho cannot assist patients directly with any issues related to the Patient Portal, emails, etc. Patient support and assistance is the sole responsibility of the clinic.
- Virus Infections
- Spam Protection
- System/Server administration activities. This includes, but is not limited to administration, monitoring, and remediation of the OS, SQL, and hardware)
- Server and workstation software that is not produced by Phoenix Ortho. This includes but is not limited to Windows Server, Terminal Server and respective Terminal Clients, SQL Server, device drivers, service packs, etc.
- Network, server, workstation or peripheral hardware of any kind
- Terminal server clients, using connection software such as Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection on any device (ie. Windows, MacOS, iOS, ChromeOS, Android)
- Operating system issues
- Device driver issues
- Routine product maintenance (data backup, cleaning disk space and configuring log rotation) NOTE: If you are a Phoenix Ortho Online Backup customer, Phoenix Ortho does maintain the online backup. The online backup should not be your only or even primary backup and disaster recovery plan. Consider it an extra layer of protection.
- Disaster recovery planning and services
- 3rd Party Applications not provided by Phoenix Ortho
- Altered or modified Phoenix Ortho Software, unless altered or modified by Phoenix Ortho or as defined in the Product Documentation or Knowledge Base
- Defects in the Phoenix Ortho Software due to hardware malfunction, abuse or improper use
- Any version of the Phoenix Ortho Software for which Support services have been discontinued by Phoenix Ortho
- Phoenix Ortho Support excludes training, customization, integration and any issues arising from non-standard usage of the software